Wednesday, March 26
um, i don't know what high school the writers of wikipedia went to, but those all sound right to me
The Sweet Valley series has often been criticized for its unrealistic portrayal of teenagers (although this was somewhat rectified in the Senior Year series), and its outlandish plots, especially within the original Sweet Valley High series. Some exotic examples include:
* The twins battling a werewolf in London;
* Jessica falling in love with a vampire;
* The twins and friends being chased by escaped criminals in Death Valley;
* Margo, a psychotic young woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to the twins, and later, her own twin sister Nora, attempting to murder Elizabeth in a diabolical scheme to 'replace' her;
* A former classmate of Alice Wakefield's luring them to a beauty spa with the intention of stealing Alice's face via a face transplant
* Elizabeth and a Parisian prince falling in love.
* The twins and many of their classmates being unrealistically "beautiful" in a model-like way and never having acne, oiliness, pubertal awkwardness, bodily odors, or greasy hair the way most real-life teenagers have.
if they're not going to call bullshit on a model dying of a coke overdose after two lines, then i don't see how they justify calling bullshit on face/off.